Ricoh AP for Small Business Help.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Sign Up
- QuickBooks Users
- QuickBooks Desktop Users
- Sage Users
- Sage Intacct Users
- Without Accounting Users
- Log in
- Sign out
- User Profile
- System settings
- Interface and Plugins
- Upload via email
- QuickBooks Integration
- QuickBooks Desktop Integration
- Sage Integration
- Sage Intacct Integration
- Cloud Storage Integration
- Without Accounting Integration
- Manage Users
- User Guide
In order to use this feature without any restrictions, you are encouraged to use only PDF files when trying to edit or group invoices.
After uploading invoices, you may select them in one of the following manners:
- One by one – by clicking the selectable invoice area;
- A compact group of invoices – by selecting the first invoice, holding down the Shift key, then selecting the last invoice within the selected group;
Note: You may deselect an invoice by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking the desired invoice to be deselected. As a consequence, the blue selection will disappear.
After selecting the desired invoices, you may click the Edit Pages button associated with the invoice you want to add pages to.
Remember: All invoices will be enlisted within the Edit Pages view, but the invoice you choose to Edit Pages upon will be the first one. Its pages will only be available for removal. As a consequence, all the other invoices’ pages will be only available for addition.
Note: If you try to enter the Edit Pages mechanism with invalid (non-PDF invoices), you will be greeted by the validation pop-up (see below), which will list such invoices.
If you choose to go back and de-select the unsupported format invoices, you may click Close, the exit button or click outside the validation pop-up.
If, you want to continue with all the other selected invoices, please click Continue, in which case the mechanism will automatically ignore the non-PDF invoices.
Note: If you choose to edit pages upon an invalid invoice and continue without it, the first selected invoice following the invalid one will become the invoice to which you will add pages to.
Note: If you choose to edit pages solely upon an invalid invoice (or invoices), the pop-up will not give you the option to continue.
Note: The disqualified invoice (or invoices) will not be affected by the editing mechanism.
After selecting your invoices, you will be redirected towards the Edit Pages view. This view will display:
- The invoice you have chosen to edit upon – of which pages will be labeled with the Remove label;
- Other invoices you may have already selected – of which pages will be labeled with the Add label and which will be displayed within the Invoice List order of selection (excluding the invoice you have chosen to edit upon);
Note: At first, only the pages belonging to the invoice you have chosen to edit upon will have their pages labeled in order. As soon as you add more or remove pages the labelling will be adjusted accordingly.
The actions you may perform upon these pages are as follows:
- Re-order the pages displaying the page order label (this will be available only after you add more pages to the first invoice, or, upon the pages already belonging to the first invoice);
- Remove the pages from the invoice you have chosen to edit upon (either by manually clicking the Remove button or by selecting them one by one, with the help of the Shift-Click mechanism, then by clicking the Remove Selected button);
- Add more pages to the invoice you have chosen to edit upon (either by manually clicking the Add button or by selecting them one by one, with the help of the Shift-Click mechanism, then by clicking the Add Selected button);
After making the desired changes, you may press the Process Changes button. You will be redirected towards the Invoice List view, within which you may find your invoices in the processing state.
Note: Please refrain from removing all pages from a multi-paged invoice, or from removing the sole page of a single-paged invoice, as it is forbidden by the system.
Note: Please take into consideration all your invited users’ activity with regards to this feature, as you might be unable to edit pages upon a group of invoices if within that group a recently deleted invoice (by any of your invited users) is included.